Grings writes history as first female fourth-tier coach
https://ift.tt/2tquErD
BERLIN: Former Germany international Inka Grings is out to rewrite the history books after becoming the first female coach to take charge of a men’s fourth-tier club.Grings, 40, was announced this week as new head coach of SV Straelen, who are fighting to avoid relegation in Germany’s western regional division. Her appointment makes her the first woman to take charge of a men’s team at fourth-tier level or above, and comes just months after Imke Wuebbenhorst took charge of fifth-tier side BV Cloppenburg.After leading her first training session at Straelen on Monday, Grings was equally dismissive about the significance of her gender. "It is completely irrelevant. Football is a simple sport and so I will give simple instructions," she said. "I love to be on the training pitch, it is what I live for, so I am really enjoying it."
https://ift.tt/2tquErD
BERLIN: Former Germany international Inka Grings is out to rewrite the history books after becoming the first female coach to take charge of a men’s fourth-tier club.Grings, 40, was announced this week as new head coach of SV Straelen, who are fighting to avoid relegation in Germany’s western regional division. Her appointment makes her the first woman to take charge of a men’s team at fourth-tier level or above, and comes just months after Imke Wuebbenhorst took charge of fifth-tier side BV Cloppenburg.After leading her first training session at Straelen on Monday, Grings was equally dismissive about the significance of her gender. "It is completely irrelevant. Football is a simple sport and so I will give simple instructions," she said. "I love to be on the training pitch, it is what I live for, so I am really enjoying it."
Every News: Grings writes history as first female fourth-tier coach
Reviewed by Every News
on
April 03, 2019
Rating:

No comments: